A free web app in development for asynchronous multiplayer campaign play for Imperial Assault
by Jon Deutsch
All core missions are playable. Campaign tracking is functional.
The app is now feature complete!
There are still some bugs to fix and probably some QoL features missing, but all campaign functions are implemented.
This app is meant for asynchronous play. Single missions could take days or even weeks. Whole campaigns even longer. Be prepared for some waiting time when joining a game and check in regularly if you can. (once every day or two is advised)
The app is in a beta release state. Things might
go wrong or be lost
at any time, but is highly unlikely.
You may register an account bound to your email address and log in. In the lobby you can create new games or join existing games.
Please direct any questions or bugs to me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Create a new account for free to start playing.
- All heroes, mission and class decks from the core game box
- Twin Shadows campaign added
- All mission maps can be preloaded, but could also be built by hand
- campaign tracking: select missions, earn xp and credits and spend it in between missions
- supply deck tracking
- set up initial, open and reserved groups separately
- turn detail tracking: read up what happened last turns exactly
- automatic round counter and activation tracking
- in game chat, in game dice rolling
- playable in a smartphone browser
- email notifications
- is completely free
You are free to join any open game that I create or create your own. When you join you can decide if you will be playing Rebels or the Empire. You need to have at least one imperial and rebel player to start the game.
If you wish to join a game please stick around and try to check in once every day or two if you can. Idle games with no active players will be closed eventually in the beat phase.
There is a small help window at the top of the screen when the game has started to help you with the controls.
- Added the ability to "exhaust" figure skills, by tapping the figure card in the quickbar. An indicator will show the skill was used (until the next activation). Feedback welcome.
- Improved setup for solo play (saving heroes)
- Agenda cards are now all visible and playable from the bottom tab:
- - play and reshuffle is blue, play and discard is black
- Added mini portraits for heroes and empire in front of chat messages
- Added rotation and delete buttons for map tiles
- Improved figure drag to stay where they should
- On mobile save map position and scale between games
- Added The Bespin Gambit expansion
- Added contents from Wave 5
- Update some cards on Alix, especially his starter weapon.
- Conditions and tokens are now displayed instantly on figures.
- Notes on objects and figures should save better now.
- Added some statistics in the campaign overview screen. (this will never be completely accurate).
- Added a demo with the first mission. No changes / turns are saved, purely for peeking into the game.
- Added solo campaign play back again. You need to play as imperial.
- Added a new WIP hero: Kardiara Anders, vigorous fencer, spending accuracy on melee attacks.
- Added a new WIP hero: Nris Smaatna, Trandoshan warrior, a close combat ranged attack with cleave like abilities.
- Added the ability to install the web app on the homescreen. This will download most assets so mobile loading times should improve.
- Also full screen mode.
- Threat changes are now visible in turn log.
- Objects now correctly offset themselves automatically when underneath large figures.
- Hero sheet / figure card can now be opened from bottom quick bar (see skills)
- In the upgrade stage the previous agenda cards are now displayed to the imperial player
- Extended figure tooltips with most important cards on that figure, feedback appreciated
- Added Custom Content hero: Trent Fel. A crafty ranged hero with Cripple condition and helpful gadgets.
- → View custom content
- Backs of reserved groups are now visible to Rebel players.
- Red and green side missions in the deck are now always visible in the next mission tab.
- Added Return to Hoth expansion (wave 5 pending soon).
- The side missions act a bit differently here and I hope I got everything right. If something is missing, just message me: @Rhellik
- Added Wave 2, Wave 3, Wave 4 content.
- Added Custom Content hero: Alix Lavar. A fast melee hero with blast.
- → View custom content
- Added Health, Endurance and Speed to figure tooltips
- Changed how heroes handle bonus stats. You only change the current bonus now. Wounded / Unwounded is handled automatically.
- Added new crate counter, bonus credits counter and round limit to mission tab (top)
- Added device tokens for Saska
- Objects underneath figures now offset automatically (large figures pending)
- Influence and credits gained should now be correctly calculated (bugfix)
- Doors can now be rotated by the imp. player on a mobile device (arrows)
- Secret agenda cards are now visible till the end of the mission when played.
- Added all content from wave 1 and Twin shadows expansion (wave 2 pending soon).
- It is now possible when setting up a game to select which expansions/waves to use and which kind of campaign to play. (Imp. player)
There might still be some unforeseen bugs.
- Heroes now correctly ready exhausted cards when they are activated.
- For the core campaign, side missions and agenda decks can be selected after the first mission.
- Currently working on adding content from wave 1 and eventually Twin shadows.
- Added some more feedback when clicking "submit turn". Also indicates, if there are already other turns submitted from other players.
- Imperial player game now manage players from the options menu. Change heroes, invite players, kick players.
- Imperial player has the option to set which timezones should be displayed for all players. (options menu)
- Added new hidden information drawer. Only the writing player can reveal the information. This is a test and I need feedback!
- Mission rewards can now be updated retroactively in the upgrade phase.
- Deployment points can now be placed as objects, only visible to imperial players. Maps still to be updated to include them.
- Conditions are now displayed larger on figures and with more color in the stats drawer.
- Custom counter for a mission can now be set by the imperial player in the mission drawer.
- Updated visual turn history. The next couple of turns might be borked (visually).
- Visual turn history is a work in progress. A lot of things still need to be adjusted.
- Updated Door object. Should be correct, if not reload or clear cache.
- Typing an @ will now display a list of all users in the game, for easier access
- Buttons to differentiate between activation and interrupt
- Objects can now be offsetted, e.g. when a figure stands on it to see it better.
- Added basic visual turn history in options menu
- Added basic functionality for 3-hero and 2-hero games
- Made grid coordinates sticky on mobile
- New line of sight tool
- (deactivated the map drawer for now)
- Global chat implemented
- You can now leave joined games
- Implemented better mobile tooltip for figures
- Figure placement now possible in mobile
- Aggregated some turn messages for better readability
- Added some interrupt reminders in the action drawer. (e.g. for Jyn's Quick draw)
- Players can gain reward cards from side mission
- Rebel allies can be deployed
- Side mission deck implemented
- All skill cards, items and supply cards can now be properly exhausted
- Initial groups, reserved groups and open groups now work properly
- All core deployment cards implemented
- All core maps are now built in
- Load map funtion has been moved to the mission tab (top left)
- You can now set in your account what kind of email notifications you wish to receive
- Campaign cycle is now implemented. End a mission -> start a new one.
- Post-mission section summary lists all your missions with outcome and earnings
- Imperial player can end a mission and declare rewards and gains
- Post-mission section implemented: XP cards, items and agenda cards can be purchased
- Added icons for the bottom drawer
- Speed, Endurance, Health can now be changed for each hero / deployment, for when you get new equipment or become wounded
- Custom notes can be set to individual figures to accommodate for certain campaign effects, tokens, etc.
- End of round button added for imperial player
- Deployment groups / heroes now automatically end / reset their activation
- When action "Suffer strain" is selected, strain is now automatically added
- Round counters now added to chat and turn log
- Subversive Tactics and Technological Superiority are now choosable decks
- Added new custom imperial Deck "Brothers in Arms"
- Rebel Detail area and Imperial play area now more functional
- Rebel players may now also load turns, but only view them
- Activated figures are now greyed out
- Many many cards have been added in the background
- Solo games can be started, for testing purposes. Multiplayer is still recommended
- Email notifications when someone submits a turn or accepts a turn
- Top faction icons now indicate whose turn it is and can be set by the imperial player
- Last 5 turns are now listed
- Help text finished (in game, top bar, yellow help)
- Small indicator in favicon when a new chat has been received
- Revamped start page
- Register and login now possible
- Game creation now possible
- Choice of hero and imperial deck implemented
- Email notifications when someone joined your game or the game starts
- First mission Aftermath is pretty much playable
- Reinforcing is now possible using the figure drawer
- Heroes have their initial weapons
- large figures (e-web) have custom movement
- mission values are changeable by the imperial player
- objects can now suffer damage
- figures and objects can be wounded / defeated
- deployment groups can be exhausted
- Player 1 is now imperial player, rest are rebels
- new figure mode overlay for imperial player to reposition units faster
- new supply deck drawer
- supply cards can be assigned or discarded when drawn
- turns can now be submitted (under "Turn") to the imperial player
- imperial player can load turns and accept one, updating the current state with the new data
- imperial player can deploy new units
- basic map loading feature (2 maps)
- new game creation, select heroes
- map layout is now automatically saved for the selected game
- object tab implemented
- map can only be edited when map drawer (right) is open
- obejects can only be edited when object drawer (right) is open
- chat entries are now saved, for the selected player
- special inputs like [D] and [S] produce mini icons (e.g. damage and surge)
- dice roller implemented under "Turn"
Imperial Assault is Copyright © Fantasy Flight Games.